Many homeowners are extremely surprised to learn that they have an indoor air problem. After all, their houses are not filled with dark smog, like the visible type that floats over manufacturing plants. Nevertheless, just because the air inside a house looks clean does not mean it is safe.
Our techs can inspect a home and tell whether a new installation is in order, or a replacement if the current system is past its prime. We can also provide thorough repairs and maintenance for any system that is still working, but just needs a bit of tender loving care. For dependable Sanford indoor air quality services, just rely on Westcoast Mechanical Contractors.
Signs That You Need an Indoor Air Purification System
Although is hard to know for sure whether a house requires air quality services without professional support, homeowners can still be aware of some general indicators.
Some of the telltale signs that residents need a new indoor air system include:
- Continual coughing, sneezing, congestion, or allergies
- Always having chapped lips, dry skin, and nosebleeds
- The visible presence of dust laying on the furniture
- HVAC filters that get clogged with dirt too quickly
- Trapped hair and fur in the vents or gathered on rugs
What are the Benefits of an Indoor Air Purification System?
An indoor air purification system offers several benefits for maintaining a healthier and more comfortable indoor environment.
Here are some of the key advantages:
- Removal of Airborne Particles: Air purifiers can capture and remove various airborne particles, such as dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens. This can be especially beneficial for individuals with allergies or respiratory conditions.
- Improved Respiratory Health: By reducing the concentration of airborne allergens and irritants, air purifiers can help improve respiratory health. This is particularly important for individuals with asthma, allergies, or other respiratory conditions.
- Odor Elimination: Many air purifiers are equipped with filters or technologies designed to neutralize or eliminate unpleasant odors from cooking, pets, smoke, and other sources. This can contribute to a more pleasant living environment.
- Reduction of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): Air purifiers with activated carbon or other specialized filters can effectively remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from the air. VOCs are emitted by various household products and materials, including paints, cleaning agents, and furniture.
- Protection Against Airborne Pathogens: Some air purifiers are equipped with features like UV-C light or HEPA filters that can capture and eliminate airborne bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens. This can be especially valuable in healthcare settings or during flu seasons.
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality: Overall, the use of air purifiers contributes to better indoor air quality by reducing the concentration of pollutants. This can have a positive impact on the well-being, comfort, and productivity of occupants in residential, commercial, or industrial spaces.
- Prevention of Mold Growth: Air purifiers can help control humidity levels and prevent the growth of mold. Mold spores can be a significant indoor air quality concern, especially in damp or humid environments.
- Support for Individuals with Respiratory Conditions: For individuals with conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or respiratory infections, air purifiers can provide an added layer of protection by removing potential respiratory irritants from the air.
- Reduced Secondhand Smoke Exposure: Air purifiers can help reduce exposure to secondhand smoke by capturing and filtering out smoke particles. This is particularly important in homes where smoking is not allowed or in households with non-smokers.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that the air purification system is actively working to improve indoor air quality can provide peace of mind for occupants, especially in areas with high levels of outdoor pollution or during periods of poor air quality.
It's important to note that the effectiveness of an air purification system can depend on factors such as the type of filter used, the size of the purifier, and the specific pollutants present in the indoor environment.
Additionally, while air purifiers can be a valuable tool, they are not a substitute for good ventilation and other practices that promote overall indoor air quality.
How an Indoor Air Quality Installation Can Save You Money
The number one benefit of having a new purification system installed is that the health of every member of the household will instantly rise. However, improved air quality is also important for protecting the health of an HVAC system as well, resulting in lots of savings over time. This is because investing in a purifier system extends the life of furnaces, ACs, and other models.
Although these systems are all supplied with a small filter, this basic component is only one line of defense against all the debris floating around. When a designated purifier is installed, an air conditioner or heater does not have to work so hard to direct warm or cool air to different rooms. This immediately saves money, as the system is more efficient at controlling the temperature and does not need to run as long. Taking this step also saves the machine’s internal components so that they do not break down as easily.
Going online or even visiting a physical store to purchase an air quality system can be an overwhelming process. There are so many models and makes available that it can be difficult to determine which one. It is important to select one that helps with specific needs in the home.
For example, a house with lots of pollen or pet dander might require a different system from one suffering from mold or mildew. Let our techs at Westcoast Mechanical Contractors assess your property to determine which unit would be most beneficial.
We've delivered quality solutions to a lot of businesses. Check out our solutions and work in our gallery.View Gallery
Join Our Team
We're looking for top talent to join our growing team. Learn about our positions available and send us your resume!Apply Now
Ensure your home or business is always at the right temperature. Sign up for our HVAC Maintenance plans today!Learn More